Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Who's The Boss?

This yarn apparently is! I've heard other knitters talking/writing about yarn wanting (or not wanting) to be something specific. I had never really run into that problem. Until Sunday. This yarn is beautiful and I wanted it to be this scarf. It, however, wants to be something different. I tried a ribbed pattern and another diagonal garter stitch pattern and none of these worked. So the yarn is going into the stash until it learns to behave or decides what it wants to be.


So this yarn is now being promoted to the Sundays are for Gift Knitting and will just be a garter stitch scarf. Even I can realize that that's what it will be with all the little "flags" of ribbon sticking out. Even though yesterday was Monday and I wasn't supposed to be knitting because of a broken blood vessel in my hand, I did cast on and work four rows. Just to see if I could. And if the yarn would behave. I was really worried I had lost my knitting mojo.

Here is the new car knitting bag. Perfectly clear and just the right size for the projects I keep in the car. It's actually a makeup bag from Wal-Mart.

Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy in DC said...

I like your new car knitting bag. Just checked back on your blog to see how you were doing after the car ordeal. I like your new bag, and it should be "safe" in your car!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home