Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hello, Kitty


Here is the kitty bed and the catnip mouse I made for my office mate's cat. I used Brown Sheep's Naturespun worsted, double stranded, and some fun fur. All stuff I had left over from other projects. The catnip mouse was such a quick knit--less than 1/2 hour not including the stuffing and tail. I had actually learned to cable without a needle from watching Annie Modesitt on Knitty Gritty. It is so much faster than using a cable needle. Of course I've had a lot of practice what with the Eyelet Cable out of Lush. Which is well on the way to being done! Hopefully I can get it done before the Sexy Knitters Club KAL starts. So there are more late nights for me.


Here is the Paton's Soy Wool Stripes scarf finished. It will be a Christmas gift for someone as yet to be determined. I forgot to measure the scarf, but I bet it's somewhere in the range of 6 feet long and about 6-8 inches wide. Three skeins of SWS with maybe three yards leftover. The Patons website says this yarn can be fulled (felted) so I'm going to take what little is left, make a swatch and try it out.

Happy Knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger KnitnFool said...

This scarf is really pretty. Can you share where you got the pattern?

9:39 PM  
Blogger PamKnits said...

Thanks for your comments Kathy. I've linked the pattern in the sidebar and I'll link it in the post also.

Pam

4:10 PM  
Blogger KnitnFool said...

Thanks, Pam!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

That is a really pretty scarf. It looks really snazzy!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home