Friday, August 18, 2006

Those Enablers

On the left is the major S. E. X. I have indulged in this week thanks to the "Progressive Yarn Sale" my LYS is having this month to make way for the new fall yarns. I have scored 15 balls of Zara (Filatura di Crosa) in hot pink. This is 100% merino--23 sts/4". I have no definite plans for it yet, but it was just too luscious to pass up. The butter colored yarn is Linenisle by Plymouth Yarns--it's destined to become a summer top for next year. The grey/lavender/green is Paint Box by Knit One Crochet Too and is going to be Knitting Pure and Simple's Side to Side Cardigan. I bought all 18 balls the LYS had and it should be plenty to do the cardi and also have lots left over for other projects--maybe a felted bag or two. The two balls of Koigu were not part of the progressive sale but I had to flaunt them. They are my purse knitting and are Glampyre's Jaywalker socks which can be found at MagKnits.com.

The other yarn, worthy of its own photo, is a new (at least to me) yarn found at Michaels. It's called SWS by Patons. The SWS stands for soy wool stripes. The yarn is 70% wool and 30% soy and knits at 17 sts/ 4" on size 9 needles. This colorway is Natural Pink. It was the only color in stock. I can't wait to see the other colors. These two skeins will be Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf.

The scarf will be my new "mindless" project when my mind and hands need a break.

And now to the "enabling" part: The Zara was purchased earlier this week while the yarn was 20% off. The 30% wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow, Saturday, but I went in this a.m. thinking the new markdown started the 18th and it didn't. But the sweet LYS owner told me I could have the discount a day early. This is not the only thing this dear lady has done to endear herself to me, but let me tell you that I will be a loyal customer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home