Sunday, April 05, 2009

Heart Felt Sunday



Today I made this rose! It's a needle felting mold from Clover. It was amazingly easy and took only about an hour--not bad for the first attempt. The reason I titled it Heart Felt is because it's three different sizes of felted hearts made into this rose corsage. I've done lots of felting (fulling) in the washing machine but this was my first attempt at needle felting. I can hardly wait to order the hedgehog mold (probably not 3-D). It think it will be so cute on a tote. Go check out the Clover site.

Check out what Millicent (the cat) did to my laptop mouse. She chewed it up. Last spring she chewed through a wire on my electric blanket after I had put it in storage. Luckily she's smart enough not to chew on anything plugged in. And that's amazing considering she fell off the bed not once but twice the other night while she was chasing her tail. That dang tail gets so wound up at bedtime.


And this is Kyler's Kardigan from Cottage Creations. It was made for my niece's daughter, LaLa. And her Aunt Kate picked out the buttons. The yarn is Paton's Decor. This sweater has an option for a zipper and the mom is probably going to wish I had used a zipper since these buttons are a little "catchy" on the buttonhole.

On the "running" front, I am gearing up for the Race for the Cure on May 8. I'm hoping to be able to run the whole 5K, but will still be happy if I have to walk part of it. A year and a half ago I finished a 5K running program, but once I got to where I could run 25-30 minutes at a time I was done. I'd accomplished my goal--but not run a race. But now one of the women I work with is a runner and it's inspired me to try again.

Happy Knitting

1 Comments:

Blogger L3 said...

I keep forgetting to tell you how much Sarah LOVES the sweater you made Lala! It fits perfect, and she wears it all the time. She really has raved on and on about it.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home