Monday, October 22, 2007

Some Finished Objects and Some UFOs





Most of these have been finished with the knitting just waiting for buttons, ribbons, ends woven in.

The hooded sweater is the Babies and Bears Sweater from Cottage Creations. This is by far my fave baby sweater to knit. It's fast, I can do it in 2-3 evenings, it fits like a dream, and it's way fun to knit. I wish I had kept track of how many I've done over the years; I'm sure at least a dozen.

Then there are two baby kimonos from the Mason-Dixon knitting book. This is such a fun carry-around project. Takes very little thought, but provides much relaxation. As a matter of fact the pink one (almost exactly like one posted earlier--I had bought way more yarn than needed so made a duplicate) was worked on during the "down" time of divorce mediation. The Mediator and my attorney were quite impressed with my relaxed attitude! Hey! I knew what I was entitled to and if Mr. C wanted to argue it out with his attorney and the mediator at least I got something done. The yarns: the pink one is the twist version of dishcloth cotton and the multicolor one (it looks like Play-Doh) is from Bernat.

The green one was a really fun knit and designed by local designer Mary Triplett. It's called Baby Sweater Puzzle and I purchased the pattern at The Unraveled Sheep. I just used the new dishcloth cotton which has long color repeats; I think it's called Stripes by Sugar and Cream, purchased at Joann's.

The bolero is for me! Summer Sky at Magknits.com. I used Bunny Hop by Crystal Palace. I had a lot of adjusting to do on this pattern--I wanted it longer, less fitted, and with longer sleeves. I wore it the other day and received so many compliments it was well worth the many times I frogged it and started over. The linen stitch provides a nice contrast with the stockinette stitch and the multicolor yarn really plays up the contrast. Love it!

I think I may be becoming project monogamous. Which is a really good thing because that's how things actually get finished. Not to say there is only one project on the needles, but just one for each type of knitting. Do you know what I mean? A really easy project which doesn't take much thought, a sock (that's my emergency car knitting), something more complicated, and finally a long started project which needs to be finished.

With the move and the need to start packing stuff, I really have to decide what I'll be wanting to knit on for the next 8 weeks and have just those things on hand. I feel like I'm losing my security blanket since I won't be able to just go downstairs and pull out yarn, books, patterns and start something new. Yes, this will be a good thing.

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home