Saturday, September 29, 2007

First Night

Tonight was my first social function as a divorced woman. The divorce decree was signed by the judge about 8 days ago and tonight was a birthday party for the doctor I work for and his wife. I've been to activities alone while still living with my ex and since separating, but this was the first one as divorced. And it did feel different. Weird. Plus it was the first time I'd met the dr.'s wife. As odd as the evening felt I still say it's better to actually be alone than FEEL alone with another person. Does that make sense? And the one saving grace was this was the first party I had attended with this employer so I wasn't known as half of a couple. That would have felt even more strange.

And this is what I wore:
It's the Carrie Cropped Cardigan from Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel. However, mine isn't cropped since I had way more yarn than I needed. Check out the "button". I couldn't find anything on the button aisle that I liked so decided to check out the craft area and found this fastener in the jewelry making section. I love it!

This sweater was originally intended for a party with the real estate company a couple of weeks ago, but the party was cancelled due to bad weather (it was supposed to be up the canyon). Tonight's party was casual so I wore it. It was a very quick knit--2 sts/inch. It only took me a weekend to knit, but took three days to dry after I wet blocked it. Anyway I love it!

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home