Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sick Day



I had too bad of a head cold to do much of anything today. After I ran into the real estate office to drop something off for the receptionist, I came home and spent the day and evening knitting. I finally finished Roza's Socks, a pattern from Interweave Knits. These socks were my car and emergency knitting, but I realized today I could finish them and so did!

The booties are Saartje's Bootees (yep, that's how the designer spelled them) and they are the cutest things ever! And so tiny. These are the larger of the two sizes and you can tell how tiny they are. They're made from the leftover Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock yarn from my Pomatomus socks. I still have 76 yards left and since these booties took only 60 yards I can get another pair from the yarn, but will probably choose a different pattern. I can't wait to see my new grand-niece in these.

I kind of went overboard on the purchase of books and patterns this week. The new Itty-Bitty Nursery is so adorable. There are so many projects I want to make from this book, but it looks like the pacifier tethers (clips?) will be my first project. And there is a really cute sweater with a flower--the stem forms the button loops--which will be another project from this book. I'll be using the Cotton-Ease which I'm frogging from a failed sweater for me!

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home