Saturday, January 06, 2007

Oat Couture Vest


I finally finished the vest I knit on the trip to my ex-father-in-law's funeral. I knit the whole vest on the trip to and from Idaho (obviously I wasn't the one driving!) in November, but dragged my feet on putting in the zipper. I like to sew and I love to knit, but I hate to sew my knits. But putting in the zipper was not nearly as difficult as I had built it up in my mind. I basted it in and then sewed it using the sewing machine. Not difficult or even time consuming.

This pattern is by Oat Couture and I purchased it and the yarn (Encore Chunky) many years ago to do on a knitting getaway and never even started it. I had even swatched and had the needles stuffed in the page protector with the pattern for all that time. I will probably do this pattern again, but with some modifications. One thing I would do differently is to do ribbing all the way to the armholes just on the sides where the side seam would be (except I changed it to knit with no side seams). I think this would give it more shaping and be more fitted. This pattern has changes for three weights of yarn--a real plus. This pattern is so basic that it's a good basis for creative license.

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home