Saturday, January 06, 2007

Blue Fish


Pomatomus, the genus of the blue fish. These socks were a very fun knit. The pattern never clicked while doing the first one, so I put it away for months. But Thursday night I got out the pattern and the yarn and started the second one. And got through the gusset before I decided I should go to bed. And Friday night I finished it. With the second sock the pattern clicked immediately-maybe it needed the months to percolate? I love the way they look, the way they fit, the yarn, everything about them. The biggest mistake? I only did two repeats on the legs instead of the three called for. Next pair, and there will be a next pair, I will do all three repeats.

Specifics: Pomatomus from Knitty.com. Lorna Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in Georgetown.

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home