Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fetch!


I finally jumped on the bandwagon and made the fingerless gloves, Fetching, from Knitty. The gold pair are made from Aurora 8 by Karabella yarns. This blogger has raved about the Aurora yarn (100% merino) so much I had to try it for myself. It lived up to its reviews. It took over just one ball of the Aurora 8. The navy pair is made from Ecco by Zitron--100% superwash merino. The navy pair turned out lighter weight and finer than the gold because of a different gauge (and took less than one ball). However, both pairs fit beautifully. The ribbing gives a great fit. The navy pair was gifted to a gal in my office who is always cold. I'm not a fast knitter, yet I managed to finish one pair in one evening.

These were almost the last knits for 2006, but on New Year's Eve I manage to knit a few dish cloths for my soon to be daughter-in-law. You know you're a real party animal when you spend New Year's Eve knitting at your mom's house and are in bed by 12:30. You know that wild single night life isn't all it's cracked up to be ;)

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home