Monday, January 15, 2007

Ahhhhhhh

Look what is finally finished! Isn't it a beauty? The Eyelet Cable Wrap Pullover from Knit and Style October 2006. I used Lush from Classic Elite yarns and am totally in love with this yarn. It's 50 angora and 50% wool and is so soft and cuddly. Yum. This sweater fits perfectly but I will have to wear a camisole to avoid flashing cleavage, but oh! That's a black velvet ribbon laced through the last row of cable knots. The worst thing about this sweater was the sewing up. Not counting how long (an hour? maybe more?) it took to sew the neck cable band on, the seaming of the sweater took over 2 hours. Yuck. I like to sew and I love to knit, but I hating sewing my handknits, but am too cheap to have the LYS do it.


And I also finished these socks over the weekend. They are Monkey from Knitty.com. Has anyone noticed that my last three pairs of socks, Monkey, Beaudelaire, and Pomatomous, have been designed by Cookie A. for Knitty? She has the most innovative patterns, and fun to knit, that I've come across. The yarn is from Knit Picks called Memories. The colorway is Hawaii. I, however, think it looks more like Playdoh ice cream. It is not a color I would have chosen had I seen it in person instead of ordering off the 'net, but it turns out I love the way it worked up in this pattern.

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home