Saturday, August 05, 2006

Why Do We Need a Man Exactly?

This has the potential of being a bitter post, so I'm going to try to keep it light.

I have the next 9 days to myself due to the fact my 24 year old married son in Florida told me I was not welcome to come visit him. Yet Mr. C, my husband, still took the other three kids for the visit. Let's just say that Mr. C is no longer the good guy in most people's eyes. What kind of man won't stand up and emotionally support his wife? Previous to this, I'd been the "difficult" party. It just goes to prove that if you have patience, the truth will prove out. And I now have a plane ticket I can use at another time to go someplace I'm welcome! Probably to see my sister in another state.

They left behind a lot of things which needed to be attended to and this was not a spur-of-the-moment trip--it was planned for months. But since they would rather go shopping and fishing last night than do the things that needed to be done.

But it has empowered me! Here's a partial list:

1) The dishwasher kept falling out of its space. Now I'm not into nagging anymore, realizing that it does not get things done any faster if at all and doesn't make me feel better, so I mentioned it once. It didn't get done. You want to hear what I learned? I can go to the hardware store and they will hook me up with what I need and reassure me that I can do it! And if for some reason I couldn't do it there are people who are paid to do these things! And I realized that if a MAN can do it, so can I.

2) My, not our, bedroom door needed a key lock. Guess what???? It only takes a Phillips head screwdriver and five minutes to change it. It was so easy and actually so much fun (rewarding?) that tomorrow I'm doing the bedroom door which leads to the patio. And only I will have the keys. Who me, Bitter?

3) If the 18 year old doesn't mow the lawn like he's supposed to (and believe me it was already overdue and they won't be back until August 13) I can hire a neighbor boy to do it. And I paid the neighbor 2.25 times the going rate and am deducting the 18 year old's allowance by that amount. Bet he doesn't "forget" again! And, um, why didn't Mr. C remind him? Because he's the FUN parent.

4) There will major room and roommie reassignments when they get home. This involved buying new beds--two twins. I was hesitant about this because how would I get the beds home? Would I be able to put them together? How would I move the other furniture out? The furniture place does all this for--are you ready for this?--Thirty-five Dollars! It doesn't matter if it's one piece or twenty--it's the same price. That's less than it cost to have the lawn mowed.

And this will all be done by Monday evening and then I can knit.

I thought about doing my own version of the Knitting Olympics, but decided this might be more rewarding: I am going to see how many UFOs I can finish up by the 13th. Tomorrow I will post the starting pics. Things I'll be working on, in this order:

The Nina Shawl from Mason-Dixon Knitting
Scibble also from MDK
Trekking socks of my own design

Car knitting is exempt from the monogamy rule.

If I get these done I'll find some more UFOs or maybe reward myself with a new project.

And since they're deep sea fishing, eating southern barbeque, doing Epcot and Disney World, riding the waves, I intend to engage in some major S. E. X. (Stash {yarn} Enhancement Expeditions for you non-knitters).

Gotta love it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home