Wednesday, August 02, 2006

All Dishcloths, All the Time

What happens when you buy a colorway which doesn't live up to your expectations? The entrelac cloth on the left is done with the color Gumdrop. I tried a Mason-Dixon bib from it and frogged before I got very far; I didn't like the way it was turning out. And then found a link to a cloth called Garterlac and there was my solution. The cloth on the right is done with the color Over the Rainbow which I love no matter how it's knit up. I haven't washed a gartlerlac cloth yet so I'm not sure how the shrinkage or biasing will be. But if it doesn't mis-shape I will probably adapt it for a kitchen handtowel.

The other dishcloths are from Mason-Dixon book and KAL. The ninepatch can be found on Ann and Kay's blog. The ballband one is from their book. In the future I will save my too-small-to-do-anything-with scraps of dishcloth cotton and make the Ninepatch. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I think the gumdrop dishcloth looks very happy -- nice job!

6:59 PM  
Blogger KnitnFool said...

WOW! I love all your cloths! The colors look so great. I want to do the garterlac and the 9-patch (and 4-patch) and log cabin, but I'm a new knitter and this "picking up stitches" thing is not working for me. You've inspired me to keep trying. Your bibs and burp cloths are so cute and the baby sweater is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Serendipity said...

I love the dishcloth. I am having a discloth envy!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home