Monday, June 29, 2009

First Place

Being the third child I've always wanted to be first at something. Well today I got it.

My attorney has never seen a case where one parent (Mr. C in this instance) has so totally alienated the children from their mother be awarded custody. The custody is temporary, to be reviewed in December after all of us having individual counseling. The evaluator could not say anything I had done wrong, but reamed Mr. C a new one for having alienated me (during the marriage and since the divorce) and then said "Little Guy misses his dad." She thinks Mr. C deserves another chance. Not even a court order has kept him from disparaging me in front of Little Guy. So let's sacrifice my last child. At the age of 14, in Utah, the minor child's wants weigh more heavily than anything else.

I kept asking my attorney: "What did I miss? What did I do?" There is no answer.

Looks like there's going to be a trial in my not-too-distant future because I am not giving up.

I am still in shock.

For all of you who think Mr. C is "the bomb": I wish you could have been in the conference room today to hear the real story. Think about it: who would leave "such a great guy"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home